Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Posted fixed asset fails to show in asset account

By
Henry Padi Nyaunu
on 4/17/13, 6:54 PM 922 views

I have posted a new fixed asset together with its depreciation and even though the depreciation reflects in the accumulated depreciation account under fixed assets, the actual fixed asset records no gross figure of the asset. Could I have wrongly configured something?

It would be great if you provide some more information.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/18/13, 10:21 AM
Alicia
On 4/22/14, 2:27 PM

I think that the only way to account for an asset is by entering the supplier invoice and assigning an asset category. You should also enter the asset account on the invoice line. This will create an asset automatically when you validate the invoice and will also generate a journal with a debit to the asset account and a credit to the supplier account.

Then, in the asset module you should account for the depreciation.

Henry Padi Nyaunu
On 4/21/13, 2:21 PM

What i meant was that, after I had created a new asset by going to accounting > assets > assets> create assets, the cost of the asset I created was not reported in the chart of accounts in the corresponding fixed assets account but only the depreciation account.

I fixed that by posting the cost of the asset through the journal entry. I now have the cost of the asset and its depreciation properly reported in their respective accounts. Many thanks Mustufa.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/17/13, 6:54 PM
Seen: 922 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM