Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
We are trying to install POSBOX on the Raspberry PI B+, so we can print receipt tickets originating from the Odoo POS application which runs on a separate 64-bit Ubuntu server. The EPSON TM-T20II receipt printer is connected through USB to the RPI.
What we did:
1) download latest posbox image from: http://nightly.openerp.com/trunk/posbox/
2) gunzip the downloaded image on windows (ex: gunzip -d posbox_image_v8.gz)
3) rename the image, to have .img as extension, ex: posbox_image_v8.img
4) format the SD card using diskpart
5) use Win32DiskImager to write the img to an 8 GB SD card
6) ensure the EPSON is powered on, and connected to the RPI
7) insert the SD card in the RPI and power on the RPI
What we expected to happen:
1) The RPI to boot (whereby the green led would flash on/off indicating activity, and the red power led would be permanently on)
2) the EPSON TM-T20II would print the IP address of the RPI (after +/- 1 minute)
What actually happened:
1) the RPI does not seem to boot. The green led only flashes on/off for a couple of ms, after which is turns off, and doesn't do anything anymore.
2) the EPSON TM-T20II never prints the IP address of the RPI
1) we tried with several SD cards of different sizes (16GB, 8GB, and 4GB) but when using a POSBOX image always got the same result where the RPI does not seem to boot.
2) when using images like for example Raspbian or XBMC, the RPI worked like a charm on all the different SD cards.
1) Can POSBOX be installed/run on a RPI B+?
2) Are we perhaps overlooking anything trivial?
Thank you in advance.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 8/25/14, 8:11 PM|
|Seen: 18791 times|
|Last updated: 10/31/16, 11:02 AM|