Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

POS Where does the data store when you work in offline mode? V8

By
Danijel
on 3/13/15, 10:23 AM 1,505 views

Hello,

what happens if I am working in POS on PC and I suddenly lose an internet connection? If I close the POS, im screwed, so I keep it open and continue selling. But how does the POS know what items are in my stock? Does data store localy in browser? Or somewhere permanently on hard drive?  What happens when I get an internet connection back, does the data sync (invoices and stock) ?

When the POS module is started everything is loaded in the cache thanks to the javascript framework that is implemented (backbonejs). This gets all data and makes it available in the POS up untill you close it, then backbonejs will write the new records etc in your Odoo db.

Yenthe
on 3/13/15, 10:36 AM

Cache of hard drive or browser ? If my browser (lets say Chrome for example) crashes, then I lose my entire work?

Danijel
on 3/13/15, 10:39 AM

I think it is actually cached in the (virtual) memory of your server, so the computer/server where your Odoo is installed on will load all the values in its memory.

Yenthe
on 3/13/15, 10:42 AM

I am talking about losing data in offline mode, if my Chrome crashes. So if i work offline and my Chrome crashes then i lose all the data. Am I right?

Danijel
on 3/13/15, 10:49 AM

Correct, if there is no internet and your browser crashes or your pc goes down you should have lost all the data. But I'd like a second confirmation on this :)

Yenthe
on 3/13/15, 11:17 AM
Ivan Yelizariev
On 3/13/15, 4:35 PM

Yes, it's stored locally in js variable localStorage . Check addons/point_of_sale/static/src/js/db.js

If you lost internet connection and close browser, then transactions would be restored at the next session. But you have to open the same browser on the same computer and browser's cache should be there.

Danijel
On 3/17/15, 4:52 AM

Ivan your explanation seems to be the most logical answer. Thank you 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/15, 10:23 AM
Seen: 1505 times
Last updated: 3/17/15, 4:52 AM