Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

POS Sale tax at 100%?

By
Patrick Buswell
on 5/29/13, 4:28 PM 2,245 views

Hello, i am currently using OpenERP v7. I have the "Canada - Accounting l10n_ca" module installed. I am currently prepping OpenERP do to business in Quebec, Canada where the tax rate are 9.975% + 5% (Provincial and federal)

I can properly do invoices in the accounting tab, taxes are calculated properly. The problem come when i create a sale with the POS, taxes are charged at 100% !!?! See example: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=32zm8nm&s=5

But when i return to the sale history made by the POS (Point Of Sale->Orders) I can see that the order was properly taxed See picture: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jhx283&s=5 Its a weird situation.

The only related thread i have found is this one but no answer and also different version: help.openerp.com/question/13597/how-to-configure-correctly-taxes-calculation-in-pos-61/

I have googled and looked thru the old forum but no luck. Please, dont be that guy that post a google search link as an answer!

Any help is truly appreciated!

William Beverly
On 6/20/14, 2:33 PM

Hi,

The problem has been fixed on the following branch:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1231574

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 9/26/13, 3:06 PM

Hello Patrick (again),

the problem is related to the POS module itself. POS has its own method to compute taxes and does not involve dependant child taxes. => it should rely on the openerp accounting module.

This can be viewable in the following file : point_of_sale/static/src/js/models.js, lines 508 to 531.

I opened a bug, hope OpenERP SA will be reactive : https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1231574

Regards, Marc

PS : please vote if you find this answer useful.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/29/13, 4:28 PM
Seen: 2245 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM