This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am working with three different receipt printers ( Star TSP143, Star 654IIBi, and Bixolon SRP 350II).

Whenever I print a receipt via the POS UI the quality is very poor (low density, improper positioning, jagged characters); however, when I print from POS > Daily Operations > Order detail interface using the 'Reprint' option which renders the receipt as a PDF the quality is high both in the PDF and the printed version using the receipt printer.

What do I need to do to get high quality results printing from the POS UI?

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I am partially answering my own question, and will update w/ more info as I discover it.

We predominantly work with Japanese character sets and the existing font-family used in the pos.css file (e.g. 'Inconsolata') did not render good results. I found this stackoverflow article (stackoverflow.com/questions/14563064/japanese-standard-web-fonts) which indicated a best practice was to use:

font-family:"ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro",Osaka, "メイリオ", Meiryo, "MS Pゴシック", "MS PGothic", sans-serif;

So far the results in the UI are better but more testing is need on the printers.

Discard
Best Answer

Try enabling the print using proxy on PoS terminal and using this app for communicate directly with hardware: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

Very high quality as you are using the build in printer features.

Discard

can that installed on windows xp pos? it seems to work on linux mint 13?

A priory there is no technical reason for the system to not work on XP, we have not tested the system on XP and that's why it's not listed on the readme. I would suggest that try the installation and if you get a more specific problem then contact us for help you to solve it.