This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I'm evaluating Odoo 8 POS for a possible solution for one of my customers.  I have the basic POS setup with sample data and all works well.  I do however have a question regarding concurrent POS sessions.  It seems like only one user can use the POS at a given time.  User1 would have to close off his/her session before User2 can log in to the POS.   My question is basically, what's the idea here?: Do I have to deploy one Odoo POS per user/cash register?  Can I just setup one server with multiple users/cash registers accessing it?  If so, how would I go about doing that? If not, what's the typical deployment look like for a store with multiple cash registers?

Thanks,

Henry

Discard

Great.  Thanks for the quick response.  It works as expected.

if that works for you then you should mark answer as accepted. It would help other users who are looking for same info.

Best Answer

"It seems like only one user can use the POS at a given time". That's not true. The fact is "You can have Single Active Session per user". If you want more than one user be using POS same time you need to have separate POS for them. You can create POS from "Point of Sale --> Configuration -->.Point of Sale" menu.

Suppose you have two POS P1 and P2 and two users U1 and U2, when U1 logs into system he can select one of available POS either P1 or P2, when user U2 logs into POS he won't be able to use the POS U1 already has been using unless U1 closes his session

Discard
Best Answer

Nice question!!!! The same kind of problem asked to me by my friend. I suggest to him that you could set up one server with multiple cash registers and all are must be a single window system. So that customer would satisfy by your service. After that he is also searching in the internet and he told me that with the help of Discount Till Rolls Ltd, he had solved the problem.

Discard