Odoo Help

POS multi-shops needs different chart of account ?

By
Aslam Up
on 4/10/18, 6:22 AM 189 views

If a seller have 2 different shops(same company), 1st for fruit and vegetables , 2nd for Mens or Womens clothing and Accessories. In such a situation, when i start a new session in pos of shop2, it shows the opening balance default as the cash balance of shop1. I think same chart of account is used in both shops.

How to handle this case ? where i need to change ? Any help is appreciated !

Pinakin Nayi (pna)

--Pinakin Nayi (pna)--
| 2 2 5
Ahmedabad, India
--Pinakin Nayi (pna)--

He has good skills in problem identification and implementation of effective solutions. He is working in Odoo India.

Techno-Functional

LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/pinakin-nayi-2a33103a/

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 5/10/18, 9:29 AM

To solve this issue you can simply create different payment method for each shop. (ex. Cash- Shop 1, Cash-Shop 2, ..)

That way you can manage opening balance.

Thanks Pinakin for your reply. I have a doubt . Do we need to change the debit and credit account for each payment method ? ie is it needed to use different COA for each payment method ?

Aslam Up
on 5/14/18, 5:59 AM

not sure. :(

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
on 5/14/18, 6:01 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/18, 6:22 AM
Seen: 189 times
Last updated: 5/15/18, 8:39 AM