Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

POS loads very slowly

By
ashouba
on 11/27/13, 7:39 AM 1,757 views

Hello my POS loads very slowly, she take about 2 minutes to load, maybe it's because of the number of items 4800 items, if it is the cause of that, what is the solution to optimize it to load faster, I have a computer core 2 duo 3 go rm thx

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 11/27/13, 11:32 AM

This is because it's pulling ALL the products and it's getting prices from pricelists. It's making a read for each product so it's loading the server and it's going to load everything.

What I did it's filtering only products that have stock, but it requires some coding.

+1 not a bad idea. thanks for the tip ;o)

Thierry Godin
on 11/27/13, 4:39 PM
Nilim
On 2/11/16, 12:28 AM

Hi Ashouba,

W.r.t your query I have gone through your query and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you based on your query are :-

1) The first login in to Odoo POS is always a bit slow by default. This is because Odoo POS loads all the information afresh when logging in /starting Odoo POS for the first time.

2) But the rest login apart from the first login would be a quick one as Odoo POS does not load all the information over and over again. Its does only once.

3) The best way to optimize the speed is have separate servers instead of having a centralized server. This is because a centralized server contains all the information irrespective of its useful to Odoo POS or not. Hence consumes more time to load.

Hope it helps!

Cheers.

Acespritech

--Acespritech--
| 3 2 6
India
--Acespritech--

Having 8+ years of OpenERP Experience. We are Specialized in OpenERP/CRM Solutions, software development, Web development, E commerce solutions & other open source solutions.

Email : info@acespritech.com

Acespritech
On 2/9/16, 8:16 AM

Hello !

We have developed one feature which loads products in background and while products are first time loading in background, user can use pos online and add products online using barcode.

Here is app link on odoo store: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/pos_prod_load_background_v8/

Thanks,

Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

www.acespritech.com

info@acespritech.com

ashouba
On 11/27/13, 8:13 PM

thank you for the information, I'm not a python coder, if you can help with the modification to filter products that have a stock that will be great, I can do in php and not in python. thank you for the track is already not bad, and hope to have the modification, thank you very much

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/27/13, 7:39 AM
Seen: 1757 times
Last updated: 2/11/16, 12:28 AM