Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

POS Import Exported categories Issue

on 8/7/13, 12:10 PM 994 views

Hi, I am trying to export POS categories from one installation of Openerp and import it to another. The Sales Module import and export works fine but the POS categories imports exported csv files but i am loosing the hierarchy? e.g from Beverages/Soda, once i export it creates Beverages/Soda and also Soda. Also when you select to export a few categories, it goes ahead and exports all...Any help?

On 8/7/13, 2:08 PM

If you are using the default settings for number of rows viewable at once then the list number of rows you can export at a time is 80, thus if you have less than 80 categories, it will always be exported all at once every time. You can reduce the rows from addons/web/static/src/js/view_list (requires very simple copy-paste-edit). The other issue you are having, this is usually id related problem. You need to export as many fields as possible when doing the initial export. This is to allow each category is exported separately. The export is sometime complicated by if you study it you will realize the pattern. Best to export all fields from categories and then look for the ids of each individual category and then look for the column that shows the parent category or alternatively child category of each category. Your new import file should have the ids on one column, the category name in one, the child in another and so on. Believe you are not completely new to Openerp like myself but note that you need to leave spaces between a category with child/children and the next category.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/7/13, 12:10 PM
Seen: 994 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM