This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to define a payment method without change for POS (or give change from another journal).

• Example 1 (no change) : Customer buy for 8€ and give me a 10€ using a gift card ==> I won't give him 2€ change

• Example 2 (other journal change) : Customer buy for 8€ and give me a 10€ using a gift card ==> I won't give him 2€ change from gift card journal but from cash journal

(For french people, this case is about "Ticket Restaurant")

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Discard
Author

/*************************************************************/ Thomas Le 20/05/2016 00:05 I suggest that your POS is configured with 2 paiement method: one for ticket restaurant one for cash For your first case, when receiving a 10 euros ticket restaurant, you should enter the value of 8 euros; nochange question; the difference of 2 is an exceptionnal profit which will appear somewhere in your accounting when you deposit the tickets restaurant at your bank. /*************************************************************/ So it means we have no way to enter a payment without change? I already defined 2 paiement methods. The best case for me would be the first one. But it's really strange to not be able to keep the change. Any idea how to manage tips from customer? it can be a solution.

Author Best Answer

So it means we have no way to enter a payment without change?

I already defined 2 paiement methods.

The best case for me would be the first one. But it's really strange to not be able to keep the change.

Any idea how to manage tips from customer? it can be a solution.

Discard
Best Answer

I suggest that your POS is configured with 2 paiement method:

one for ticket restaurant

one for cash

For your first case, when receiving a 10 euros ticket restaurant, you should enter the value of 8 euros; nochange question; the difference of 2 is an exceptionnal profit which will appear somewhere in your accounting when you deposit the tickets restaurant at your bank.

for the second case, i suggest that you enter a paiement in 2 lines: one with a cash entry of 2 euros, and the second one with 8 euros. I have not tested it but he system will consider a payment of 10 and calculate a change of 2 from the cash journal.

Discard