Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

POS - How to add a second display ?

By
Marc Cassuto
on 7/26/13, 10:56 AM 4,218 views

Would it be possible to set up a second display aimed to : * show the customer his cart; * current total and price of each scanned article * display product information; * display advertisement * ...

.... while the employee keep his own main POS display.

Has anyone ever worked on that ? Has anyone has an idea about how to achieve that ?

I tried a basic example before and it should work for you too.

Eric
on 9/13/13, 1:20 AM

is it possible to open the new window in the second monitor?

ahmad
on 6/22/14, 11:55 PM

Hy Marc, Did you get the solution. I want the same solution. will appreciate your help. Thanks

Shahid M
on 2/8/16, 1:44 AM

Acespritech

--Acespritech--
| 3 2 6
India
--Acespritech--

Having 8+ years of OpenERP Experience. We are Specialized in OpenERP/CRM Solutions, software development, Web development, E commerce solutions & other open source solutions.

Email : info@acespritech.com

Acespritech
On 8/22/13, 11:01 AM

Hello !

We have implemented many features in POS.
Please visit our blog: http://acespritechblog.wordpress.com

Thanks,
Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
www.acespritech.com
Mail: info@acespritech.com

I'm not sure but I don't think that this is the right place to advertise your modules.

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 8/22/13, 12:18 PM
Eric
On 9/13/13, 1:24 AM

I tried a basic example and it should work for you too.

In addons/point_of_sale/static/src/js

main.js

function secondDisplay(line1,line2){
window.open("http://192.168.56.10:5000/cdisplay?line1="+ String(line1) + "&line2=" + String(line2));
}

Note: 192.168.56.10:5000 is just flask :)

models.js

Find the addProduct's method and do this

addProduct: function(product, options){
            options = options || {};
            var attr = product.toJSON();
            this.selectLine(this.getLastOrderline());
            **secondDisplay(product.get('name'),product.get('list_price')+" "+this.pos.get('currency').symbol);**

Hope that get you started :)

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 7/26/13, 1:51 PM

hi Mark,

We (my company) have developped some special features in the POS for our customers.

I've made a tutorial about how to make a module from A to Z and how to modify the POS. I've added some features to the POS.

Maybe it's not exactly what you need, but that may be a first step for you to develop such features you need.

The tutorial is in french (I haven't translated it yet) but maybe you can go with Google translate or something like that.

I have not enough karma for now , but you should find it around there:

http ://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/tutoriel-openerp-realisation-module-web-pour-point-vente/

And now I made an English version here :

http ://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/tutorial-module-creation-pos-modification-english-version/

Bonjour Thierry,

You made an impressive work and your tutorial is really complete. Thanks for the answer.

Thanks for the answer,

Marc Cassuto
on 8/1/13, 7:28 PM

Thank you, You welcome.

take a look at the English version (I added the link in my answer)

Thierry Godin
on 8/1/13, 8:04 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/26/13, 10:56 AM
Seen: 4218 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM