This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to port audit trail for version8 but  i m not sure it is possible or not

Anyone has idea how to do it or any workaround to achieve this please share

Discard
Best Answer

After my initial testing and look over the code, it's clear that object_proxy is gone (as been pointed out in another answer's comments), and the functions in the service model are seemingly never called.  Sad to see it go.  (We had an event system built around the concept.  Pretty handy.)  The web addon module was the next suspect, and it seems that the web server is executing on the models directly, so you have (at least) 2 options.

1. Intercept the call at the web module level.
  2. Intercept the call at the model level.

Both methods have their pros and cons.  I leave the implementation details to the reader's imagination.

Discard
Best Answer

Actually it is workaround, sure you can modify audit trail module make it work in V8...

Discard
Author

if you already done this please reply how to do it coz due to change in osv & orm you can't use audit_trail coz they removed object_proxy service from orm in v8

True they have removed, object_proxy... So what you do is... In your auditTrail module, rewrite the methods [_wrap_create, _wrap_write, _wrap_unlink]... try to incorporate these methods definition with V7's definition... As I told it is bit workaround

And one more thing, I have done porting of AuditTrail in V8 (aplha version) but not in Odoo 8, so not sure of it in this version

Author

Okay Thanks :)

Author

i will try it in latest

Author

i tried it in latest odoo8 not working, can you please send me your code for v8(alpha version) ?

Hi Deep, Can you please help me in the same exactly where I have to overwrite these wrap functions? I am using following python file : http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openerp-extra/8.0-auditrail/view/head:/audittrail/audittrail.py