Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Popup Form, do i need to create a new model?

on 2/11/16, 6:28 AM 407 views

I am trying to understand how Odoo works.

I want to display a popup form with all items in a stock picking report when user press a button.

The user will select or deselect items in that popup and other stuff will be done.

My specific question is: do I have to create a new model for this popup window?

I have seen how to define the button, and it seems it has to refer to a new model.

Ahmed M.Elmubarak

--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--
| 5 3 5
--Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
On 2/11/16, 7:28 AM

It depends on what you want to achieve. It is not required to make a new model [if the model already exists] to show a popup Form. The popup form is a normal action just with target = new. chick this line .

If you want to make a popup form as a wizard or something you can make a model inherited from osv.osv_memory [models.TransientModel new API]. also check this line 

Hope this could helps you with some clues ..

Still not being able to create the popup window, see www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/developing-a-new-popup-in-stock-picking-basic-doubts-about-how-to-generate-the-popup-97625 in case you want to further help

on 2/12/16, 1:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/11/16, 6:28 AM
Seen: 407 times
Last updated: 2/12/16, 12:46 AM