Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

point of sales development

Magnus Brandt
on 2/23/13, 5:00 PM 3,815 views

What is the preferable approach if you want to develop your own addon modules to openerp point of sales module?

I use Eclipse for the openerp/python part. But what is the best tools and approach to make a module to modify design within the javascript part?

Do you have a guide on how to start the development for a custom addon for PoS¿?

on 2/23/13, 5:32 PM

For regular openerp python modules I set it up simular to this: http://www.zbeanztech.com/blog/openerp-61-development-environment-ubuntu-using-eclipse

Magnus Brandt
on 2/23/13, 8:57 PM

I already have setup my development environment, but do you know some referenci for the PoS widget API?

on 2/25/13, 12:23 AM
Thierry Godin
On 7/29/13, 7:46 AM

Hi all, I've just seen this post, so maybe my answer comes late but anyway, i hope this may help you :

I made a turorial for how to make a module and modify the POS here

unfortunately, i haven't translated it yet but you can go with Google tanslate.

Best regards

Benoy P P
On 3/20/13, 3:44 PM

Check out this link, I hope it will be very useful. The author , explains very well about the basics of module development.

Thanks for the link, but the point with PoS is that is most javascript that python code, that is why we are asking here!

on 3/21/13, 2:07 PM

off the topic comment.

on 4/24/15, 6:03 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 3/16/13, 1:32 PM

I don't think there is a documentation dedicated to POS, you have to dive into the code. You can start from here to understand the web client (this doc is still awork in progress): http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/index.html

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 2/23/13, 5:00 PM
Seen: 3815 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM