Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

point of sales development

By
Magnus Brandt
on 2/23/13, 5:00 PM 3,993 views

What is the preferable approach if you want to develop your own addon modules to openerp point of sales module?

I use Eclipse for the openerp/python part. But what is the best tools and approach to make a module to modify design within the javascript part?

Do you have a guide on how to start the development for a custom addon for PoS¿?

agb80
on 2/23/13, 5:32 PM

For regular openerp python modules I set it up simular to this: http://www.zbeanztech.com/blog/openerp-61-development-environment-ubuntu-using-eclipse

Magnus Brandt
on 2/23/13, 8:57 PM

I already have setup my development environment, but do you know some referenci for the PoS widget API?

agb80
on 2/25/13, 12:23 AM
Thierry Godin
On 7/29/13, 7:46 AM

Hi all, I've just seen this post, so maybe my answer comes late but anyway, i hope this may help you :

I made a turorial for how to make a module and modify the POS here

unfortunately, i haven't translated it yet but you can go with Google tanslate.

Best regards

Benoy P P
On 3/20/13, 3:44 PM

Check out this link, I hope it will be very useful. The author , explains very well about the basics of module development.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoanllMbmGw

Thanks for the link, but the point with PoS is that is most javascript that python code, that is why we are asking here!

agb80
on 3/21/13, 2:07 PM

off the topic comment.

Yogesh
on 4/24/15, 6:03 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 3/16/13, 1:32 PM

I don't think there is a documentation dedicated to POS, you have to dive into the code. You can start from here to understand the web client (this doc is still awork in progress): http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/index.html

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/13, 5:00 PM
Seen: 3993 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM