This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to add a product to pos order by searching it from search bar and then pressing enter. Explaination. A product name is "abc123". When we type "abc123" in search bar and press enter, this product should add in pos order and no need to click it with mouse. Any help will greatly apriciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Download this module from launchpad: bzr branch lp:~mmakonnen/openobject-addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70 and replace the default OpenERP module with it.

Fromt the commit list of this module:

POS: When we hit [Enter] in the search box add the product with the matching product code

The previous commit only added the product if it was the only one returned by the search. Now, it will search the list of matched products for one with the same exact product code as the search term. If it finds a match it will add it to the order.

Discard
Author

Bundle of thanks @agb80 for your reply, I had too worried to solve this issue. Now I am too happy. Thanks again.

NP, like help

Hi agb80 I use the modifications to add a client to a POS but there is a little bug, I'm not sure if you have the same problem, send a message to Michael Telahun Makonnen in launchpad, but I'm not sure if he can solve the problem

I paste the message here to see if we can solve the problem Hi Michael,

I test a lot of your implementation to add a client in POS, but there is a little bug in visualization of the Payment Voucher, this happens when you follow the next steps 1. First make a sale in POS and select a user, every thing is ok here, no problems

2- Make another sale but now select another client (Select Customer button) when you validate the sale, the Payment Voucher show me the first user that we select to make a sale. Now I see that this is a visualization bug, because when I verify the orders list in POS, I see the clients are correctly selected. I attach some images to you can see the problem. I also clear all my browser cache, history.... and the error continues.

Dropbox with images, as you can see there is a problem only in visualization https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8m3t8qm7lu7kbh/T2yLrl7oDr