Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Point of Sale V7 Performance

v7
By
Alex
on 2/8/14, 9:33 AM 890 views

I am testing the Point of Sale with 2500 product references and I am realizing the interface is very slow. The usability is very bad. If I try to search by category, name or reference I lost 5 seconds until the interface search what I want. Moreover the barcode reader has a lot of problems too, the buttons I have clicked was kept active and if read a barcode without clicking in a clear part of the screen, the product is not added well and everything could happen (bad quantity, bad price, not added...). In addition the barcode reader fails a lot of times- I have a honeywell voyager 1202g and the reader whistle everytime a barcode is readed well but only in 60% (more or less) is added and I have to read the barcode again until the product is added. If the barcode is whistling means it's reading, so the problem is at software.

Everything should be fluently, searching, barcode reading.

I don't know is something normal or it's my configuration (I am using windows 7 and Firefox). I have no product images (I suppose they'll do it too much slow). This is not usable for me, I need more speed, wether my customers will wait too much.

Does anyone a solution for this? Any performance?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/8/14, 8:31 PM

All the issues you mention have been solved in the latest version (released 1 week ago). Those improvements are currently available in OpenERP Online (SaaS) and will be available in v8.
More info: https://www.openerp.com/news/post/152-The-OpenERP-PosBox-Campaign-Update-no-2

Is this available on the latest v7 in launchpad? I have 3000 products with images, even set with image_small. But it took 30 seconds loading them (even behind nginx with gzip enabled). Any help? Thanks.

eric machine
on 6/24/14, 8:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/14, 9:33 AM
Seen: 890 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM