This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to pay later in a point of sale order? Sometimes we have customers with terms and other times we have customers with credit already. The only way to finish a Point of Sale order is to click the Payment button and to enter the entire payment. This will create a Posted payment in accounting.

Normally we use the customer payments to process all payments to account for credits, terms, etc. Is it not possible to do the same with the Point of Sale order? Ie complete an order and create a customer invoice instead of registering the payment? We can't do it with normal sales orders because on these orders there should not be any generated delivery orders since the customer is in store picking up the products in person.

Discard
Best Answer

There isn't a way to do it right now, you've to develop a new module to do it. I'll explain you why.

On POS a sale is supposed to be All-in-one. So you have to sell and ask for the money at the same time. System doesn't allow you to skip payment. If you see the code, the order is stored on your browser when you're creating order (on javascript objects). Then the order is going to a place in your browser called "Local Storage", but only when you've already paid the order. Then the browser tries to send the order to the database, if the browser can't send it, maybe because you don't have internet connection, the order remains on the "Local Storage".

If you want to send only the order without payment, you've to install a custom module to do it.

Discard
Author

I don't know if this is fully correct. through experimenting, it appears you must click Payment on the POS side as you have said. What I have noticed is that this does not actually do anything on the accounting side. Once you click invoice on the POS order, the customer invoice is created in the exact same process for a regular sales order. So it appears you are safe to add payment under POS and then register the correct payment at some later date with the accounting invoice.

I know that this is fully correct because I've developed several modules for POS. The option that you're talking about doesn't change this. If you create an order without invoicing it you're going to see on the backend that the order has a button to invoice that order but it's already paid. This is only to create the assets. Payment is already done.

Author

I don't fully understand what you mean. I'm saying the payment doesn't ever appear anywhere in accounting. How can the payment be done if it is not in accounting and reflected in any account? Regardless, I'm saying if you create an invoice you can process the payment the regular way. Is this different?

Yes, this is really different. The payment is going to be processed only when you close the POS session.

But it's already there, you can check for that on POS Session.

Author

Ok. I guess it's back to the drawing board. I didn't actually close the session.