Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Point-of-Sale issue for for multi-company configuration

By
Oscar Gambini
on 1/23/15, 10:22 AM 1,064 views

I am new on Odoo and now I am facing some issues trying to make POS work for multi-company configuration. After having tried several things with my limited knowledge I am asking you to see if you can give some lights on this issue.

Here is the use case.

Company A
    Child Company B
        Warehouse company B
        POS B
        User 1 defined for Company B with permission to POS module and defaulted to POS B.
    Child Company C
        Warehouse company C 
        POS C
        User 2 defined for Company C with permission to POS module and defaulted to POS C.

Based on the configuration my goal is to define POSs for each child company and have their users assigned to them therefore limit their premissiones to objects related to child companies only. When opening the POS session for any of the users of child companies I am getting the following error.

AccessError: ('AccessError', u'The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.\n\n(Document type: stock.location, Operation: read)')

After having seen the error is related to stok.location I added under Security/Access Control List an entry to grant access to "Point of Sale/User" to "Inventory Locations" object but no luck. It is worth to mention that everything works fine for Administrator user. 

I have seen some posts that says that there are some issues regarding Access Control List and Record Rules therefore they have to be updated because their default configuration for multi-company is not all correct. I have been reviewing Access Controll List and Record Rules but I don't feel confortable changhing this because of my lack of knowledge on this area.

If you need some more information regarding my configuration I took some time to create a vid and uploaded to youtube. http://youtu.be/DijvbxeDgcw   

Side note: Not sure if this is correct but when creating warehouses the company field cannot be edited and it is by default set to the parent company which is Company A.

do you have any idea how to get this resolved? Your help is much appreciated.

Nilim
On 3/10/16, 6:22 AM

Have you added the company names as per user in the field " Allowed Companies" in the user configuration form. I hope if you do this your issue might resolve.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/23/15, 10:22 AM
Seen: 1064 times
Last updated: 3/10/16, 6:22 AM