This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hello,

I've just installed Odoo 9 and the POS restaurant module and would like to use in a beer pub, but unfortunately I am unable to find out how could I set the system up to use and handle different units for a product.

The case:

We buy draft beer in 20/30/50 litres kegs and we sell the beer in 0,3 L and 0,5 L mugs.

My question is: is it possible to stock the beer in litres (30 L in) or in dl (300 dl ) and sell it _through POS_ as small (0,3L) or as a large (0,5) beer with one click which will decrease our stock as expected.

I've tried to create a product "xy beer large" and "xy beer" (not to sell) and configure "xy beer" as a part of "xy beer large" in BOM but when I tried to sell "xy beer large" in POS, it didn't decreased our stock of "xy beer".

Other possible solution is to stock "xy beer" in dl and sell 3 * "xy beer" when a small beer is boughtm but it seems to be a bit messy for me.

There should be a standard solution to do it as selling draught beer/cider/wine/etc in a restaurant is relatively common thing. 

Could someone please hepl with this?

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

answer for similar questions

Discard

Your answer does not work with POS, because the POS does not reflect UOS, only UOM. This is an old bug, which never became fixed. Second problem is: you can not sell bottles and glasses (as in my case). So my solutions works for all circumstances, even if it is not as convenient as yours.

Best Answer

Hello,

I already posted a similar questions before , but no any suggestions there 

Actually I didn't find a suitable easy solution. The most simplest solution is to enter a float qty in the POS

Such as .5 or .3 of your product which has a uom that can be floated ...

I hope it will help a bit ..

Regards,

Discard