This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I can't get the shortcut tag to work. Design Elements http://doc.openerp.com/v6.0/developer/2_6_views_events/views/design_element.html (here) describes a "new" shortcut tag

New : You can now add shortcut using the shortcut tag.

Example: <shortcut name="Draft Purchase Order (Proposals)" model="purchase.order" logins="demo" menu="m"/>

I have been unable to get anything other than error messages, like the following messages

1. AssertionError: Did not expect element shortcut there, line 7
  2. except_orm: ('ValidateError', u'Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!')
  3. OpenERP Warning ValidateError Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

Please point me at, or give me an example of a shortcut in use.

Discard
Author

The lack of answers is encouragement for me to delve into the source code.

Best Answer

Invalid XML for View Architecture!

Yes, OpenERP Does not gives exact where is the problems but....

As below erros: OpenERP Warning ValidateError Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

Its mean you have done somethings wrong then rules define for view.

All view rules are define at file: server/openerp/addons/base/rng/view.rng

Discard
Best Answer

There is not even one official addon which uses this shortcut tag.

Also as already mentioned by Charlie Jackson, the shortcut tag is not defined in view.rng. So this tag is not supported anymore in v7.

Discard
Author

@Andreas Brueckl; shortcut isn't in v6.1 either.

Ok thank you for the information. I had never heard before of a shortcut tag :-)

Author

Haha; I hadn't either until I read the documentation, then I just had to try it out... only it doesn't exist anymore.