Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Please help starting stock

By
Vincent Carlucci
on 4/3/15, 3:13 AM 786 views

Hi to all,

I have signed up for odoo and the latest version and have all the modules I need. What I can't seem to do is find an easy way of uploading my existing spreadsheet with all my products, prices, quantities etc.

I am sure there must be a simple way of starting from scratch with my existing information which I can then update as I make sales etc.

I have looked in the various sections of the warehouse module but can't find where to export and then import a file which lets me set my product's existing IDs, prices, quantities etc.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Vincent

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 4/4/15, 1:31 PM

In case you already have a file (excel for instance) with all your products, then start importing the products from your file.

this will populate your odoo database with the products and give them an id.

To do this, save your file with a csv format (UTF_8, separator= comma); then in odoo Product menu select import (in list view)

do not forget to click on Validate, this will help you check for errors.

Then you will be able to add new informations for your products (supplier, price, categories, taxes...)

Have fun!

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 4/3/15, 5:46 PM

Hi Vincent,,

First of all you need to select product " List view " (when you select list view you will see import button ). From there you can import all the products using a " product csv file "

After that you can use Inventory Adjustments for updating your initial stock, here is how you can do this:-

Create all the products for which you want to keep the stock (as stockable products). Once the required products in stock have been defined, use an initial inventory operation to put the current quantities into the system by location. Go to the menu Warehouse > Inventory Control > Inventory Adjustments to enter your initial inventory.

Give it a name (for example Initial Inventory) and select the stock location for your inventory. Note that when you select a parent location (such as Stock, which might be split into sublocations), you can also select the sub (or child) locations. You can choose between making an initial inventory for All products in that location, or for one product only. In this case, we choose the All products option. If you need your stock valuation to be done in a different period than the one that will be selected by default according to the inventory end date, enter the corresponding accounting period in the Force Valuation Period field.

In case of the initial inventory that is drawn up when you start in Odoo, no stock is available yet. Click the Start Inventory button and add each product by clicking the Add an item link. Select the corresponding stock location if it differs from the default one. Add the Real Quantity that you have in your stock for each product.

Click the Validate Inventory button to confirm the initial inventory and post it.

On the Inventory Adjustments tab, notice that the Source Location is automatically set to the virtual Inventory Loss location. Odoo always needs a source location and a destination location.

Refer this link : Initial Inventory

Hope this helps...

Daniele Lanfranchi
On 4/3/15, 4:40 AM

Hi Vincent,

You can enable import / export features in section

SETTINGS ->

GENERAL SETTINGS

and then be sure to check

"Allow users to import data from CSV files"

This way you should be able to see "Import - Export" enabled in every tree view.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/15, 3:13 AM
Seen: 786 times
Last updated: 4/4/15, 1:31 PM