This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All

I'm New In OpenErp Developing So I Have Many Questions That I Want To Know It's Answers

1- What The Names Of PostgreSQL Data Base Refers To like (Res_Partner Table , ir_Model Table ) (Res And Ir , ..... Etc ) Refers To ?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

When you are logged into your OERP, go to upper-right corner, click your username and choose About OpenERP. There you have a button to activate developer mode - click it. Thanks to it when you hover over a field you will be given with it's model, relations, type etc. That way you will find out ORM version of a database table. Now in a PostgreSQL console type \d to list all of your tables or e.g. \d res_partner if you want to show res.partner. A general rule is to substitute . with _ I don;t know if it answers your question, though. It was kind of a blurry one.

Thanks!

Discard
Author

Thanks A Lot About Your Answer But I Have One More Question

Author

Thanks A Lot For Your Answer But I Have question (res,ir ......) The First digit Of The PostgreSQL Tables Have Two Or More Character Like (res_Partner) I Think There Is Reason For Called It With This Expression So If you Know The Reason I Will Be Glade For You Jakub

I can only assume this is to easily distinguish to which module a table belongs. Probably its also for convenience - you have all ir_ or res_ tables grouped together.