Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

petstore module for openerp v7

By
Drees Far
on 8/18/15, 8:02 AM 438 views

Hello friends!!

I want to create a new web module so i have tried to install petstore module on openERP V7.

But, i have got this error:

2015-08-18 11:56:21,353 10797 ERROR test_me openerp.netsvc: Did not expect element template there, line 4

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 296, in dispatch_rpc

result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch

res = fn(db, uid, *params)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 190, in execute_kw

return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw or {})

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 132, in wrapper

return f(self, dbname, *args, **kwargs)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 199, in execute

res = self.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 187, in execute_cr

return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, *args, **kw)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/addons/base/module/module.py", line 426, in button_immediate_install

return self._button_immediate_function(cr, uid, ids, self.button_install, context=context)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/addons/base/module/module.py", line 473, in _button_immediate_function

_, pool = pooler.restart_pool(cr.dbname, update_module=True)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/pooler.py", line 39, in restart_pool

registry = RegistryManager.new(db_name, force_demo, status, update_module)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/registry.py", line 233, in new

openerp.modules.load_modules(registry.db, force_demo, status, update_module)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 354, in load_modules

loaded_modules, update_module)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 256, in load_marked_modules

loaded, processed = load_module_graph(cr, graph, progressdict, report=report, skip_modules=loaded_modules, perform_checks=perform_checks)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 188, in load_module_graph

load_data(module_name, idref, mode)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 76, in <lambda>

load_data = lambda *args: _load_data(cr, *args, kind='data')

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/modules/loading.py", line 124, in _load_data

tools.convert_xml_import(cr, module_name, fp, idref, mode, noupdate, report)

File "/opt/openerp/v7/server/openerp/tools/convert.py", line 950, in convert_xml_import

relaxng.assert_(doc)

File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 3313, in lxml.etree._Validator.assert_ (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:160062)

AssertionError: Did not expect element template there, line 4

Who can help please.

regards

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 8/18/15, 12:18 PM

You see an error because that module seems to be code for Odoo 8 and not for OpenERP 7, you need to downgrade some of the elements that have been changed in Odoo 8 like templates views... and because of that is a tutorial module for webclient with a lot of code specific to Odoo 8 better you don't touch it 

Marvin Taboada
On 8/18/15, 8:47 PM

Axel is right, GitHub hosts the v8 version of this module.

If you have no constraints regarding the OpenERP/Odoo version, I would suggest you use Odoo v8 directly.

If you really need the v7 version of this module please get it from here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~niv-openerp/+junk/oepetstore/files/head:/oepetstore/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/18/15, 8:02 AM
Seen: 438 times
Last updated: 8/19/15, 1:59 AM