Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Persist Menu changes between updates of Odoo

Carlton Guc
on 7/10/15, 2:34 PM 344 views

When you click on Sales | Sales | Customers, you get a Kanban view of your customers.   My goal is to default that to the list view of my customers.    The first attempt I modified the order of the buttons and put List View first.   That worked until I updated Odoo and it reverted my changes.

My second attempt was to create a brand new Customer menu item, which worked, but now after an update, I have two Customers menu items, one that is the Kanban View.    The other is my new List View.

What is the right way to modify the menu so that it'll survive an update of Odoo?    Do I have to create a module that'll run automatically after update to replace all my changes?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/10/15, 2:52 PM

For menus:

1. Create a new group - NOBODY - with no users in it.

2. Duplicate the menu, so you have your 'own' copy.

3. Set the permissions of the original to NOBODY.

Excellent. I know how to extend views, just didn't know about menus. The "NOBODY" group seems like a very easy fix.

Inline Technology Services, Carlton Guc
on 7/10/15, 3:22 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/10/15, 2:34 PM
Seen: 344 times
Last updated: 7/11/15, 2:09 PM