Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Permissions required to submit timesheets

By
Rajeev Roy
on 9/26/14, 4:48 AM 1,090 views

I have implemented OpenERP 7.0 with the timesheets module and attached the Human Resources->Employee role to all Employee. However, they are unable to submit the timsheets. They get an error "Access Denied. The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Employee, Operation: read)

It works if I give them Human Resources->Officer access but that is not workable as they can have complete access to all employees' information.

Can someone guide me what needs to be modified/ added in the Access Right to enable employees submit their timesheets?

Regards,

Rajeev Roy

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 9/26/14, 9:37 AM

Employee should definately be enough access rights for these people to fill in their own timesheets. Do these people all click on the "My Timesheet" menuitem, or are you trying to acces it from another object?

Furthermore, did you install any other/custom modules that might interfere? It sounds to me like the employee is unable to read his own data when creating a new timesheet line.

Rajeev Roy
On 9/27/14, 1:22 AM

Yes - they are using the "My Timesheet" menu item. There is no issue in creating and saving the timesheet. The error only comes when they press "Submit to Manager" button.

The only way this works is if I give them the "Officer" access rights in Human Resources. This is not practical as they can see all infomration about all employees.

I also created a Duplicate of the Office group and attached it to the employee but even that does not work. The only way to make it work is if I remove the Manager for the employee.

Let me know if anyone else is facing this issue.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/26/14, 4:48 AM
Seen: 1090 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM