This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

There was a pencil icon in all the tree views which enabled the user to move to a editable form view easily in 6.1 version. But it has been removed from 7 and the subsequent versions. Right now, the user has to click on the a particular record on the tree view. It redirects to a the non editable form view of the particular record. Then the user has to click on the edit button inorder to update the record. This is not user friendly.

How do I achieve in the newer versions the same functionality that was available in 6.1 ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzg941wal3yvmv3/pencil.png?dl=0

Discard
Best Answer

This behaviour is triggered because of the views that are called. Compare for example the editing of invoices or sale order lines as a basic user or as a manager. In the case of the manager a pop-up appears, whilst the basic user edits inline.

In order to achieve this on the desired object you could alter the view and make it inline. Note that it might be handled pretty deep inside the XML view and should be thoroughly tested.

Discard
Author

Hi, I don't want any inline. Let me clarify this a bit. When I click a record, say Sale order, the form view is non editable now. You are forced to click the 'edit' button on top to edit the entire sale order details (dont worry about line item now). I want to reduce the steps in editing the sale order details. when I click the sale order record from the main tree view, it should be editable by default as it is in 6.1. It was possible in 6.1 since there was a pencil icon on the main tree view for every record. Its not available in 7 & 8. Do you realize that first? See the image that is in the link i provided

Ah, now I see what you mean. Basically you want to have some form of button that allows you to "start" in edit mode when opening a record from the tree view. I have not got any clue on how to do that, apart from mixing with the code in the background. I think this can be found/altered in the web module.