Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

pdf name in email appendix and/or print button

M. Höppner
on 4/2/14, 12:40 PM 1,106 views

I struggle with the name of the PDF document when hitting the print button (of an invoice). Using V7.0 in technical => action => report you probably can define how the system should rename the document.

For invoice there is a predefinition with a new installation as follows:

(object.state in ('open','paid')) and ('INV'+(object.number or '').replace('/','')+'.pdf')

This does not work as I could also read in some discussions here.
In the email template the definition of the appendix works great as it should, but with the following definition:

INV_${(object.number or '').replace('/','_')}${object.state == 'draft' and '_draft' or ''}

a) Is there any new hint how to do it for the print-version?
b) why is it different between email template and print-version?

Very interesting! I am working on this. If I find something, I will say to you.

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/24/14, 7:35 AM

You should look in Settings->technical->database structure->Attachments when you do your tests. You will discover many interesting things about created reports files.

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/24/14, 7:53 AM

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 12/27/14, 10:51 AM

Here is our solution for odoo v8 to customize the sale order report PDF name with the « print » buttons.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Asked: 4/2/14, 12:40 PM
Seen: 1106 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM