This question has been flagged
4 Replies

odoo 11 and 12, CE and EE

I have been testing terms and they do not seem to apply.  For example, i have a terms set up as 5% 10th, it is active, description is Due by 10th, 5% discount.  The terms are set as:

Due type                 Value                Number of Days    Options

Percent                    95.000                        10                    Day(s) after the end of the invoice month (Net EOM)

Balance                    0.000                            30                   Day(s) after the invoice date

from other systems I've worked in the past, the vendor invoice, when processing the payment, should automatically deduct 5% if paid on or before the 10th of the next month.

I have googled this and searched the forums but can't seem to locate any information regarding this subject in detail.  

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

Discard

Thanks for the info and links.  Might be a good add on app.

Best Answer

Have you seen:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/12.0/accounting/receivables/customer_invoices/payment_terms.html

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/12.0/accounting/payables/pay/multiple.html

Odoo won't automatically deduct.  It will split the AP into two parts, allowing you to write-off the discount.  You can also choose to configure the Payment Terms as NET30, then enter the discounted amount and choose the write-off account for the balance when registering the payment you plan to make / have made (as the case may be).

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Ray,

Questions 1: We are using Odoo 13 and I noticed that the documentation you provided (for version 13) is incorrect.  When vendor payments are grouped, there is no option for the "payment amount" anymore. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on?

Question 2: Any progress to automatically apply vendor discounts based on payment terms as other accounting packages provide?  Also when payments are grouped together for multiple vendor bills for 1 vendor, the "discount" amount is applied to all vendor bills as 1 journal item. Is it possible to apply it to each vendor bill? I need to show the vendor the total amount paid for all vendor bills and total discount amount as the header and the amount paid for each Vendor Bill and the discount amount taken for each Vendor Bill.

Any help is appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

How about if I would like to see the settlement discount amount as a separate line  in the partner ledger? Is that possible to add?

Discard

And also as a line on the Check?