Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

payment schedules option

By
axio
on 7/2/13, 2:04 PM 1,703 views

Does anyone know how to set payment schedules. For e.x. sub total the amount of 1000euros. We need to split it into 3 milestones / installments: 1st) of 300, 2nd) of 300 and last) of 400

Therefore, 3 different invoices of different date

looking forward to heating from you

Ana Hristova
On 7/4/13, 6:16 AM

Hi axio,
I'd assume that you want the 3 installments to be realized in 3 month i.e. 1st installment in 30, the second in 60 and the last in 90 days.

For that purpose, perhaps, you should try setting a payment term first.
1. go to Accounting module > Miscellaneous (scroll to the bottom) > Payment Terms
2. click Create button
3. fill in the Name e.g. 3 installments
4. optionally capture the description of the payment term below the name
5. click Add an item under Computation section. A new screen pops up
6. in the new screen, in Computation drop-down, select Percent
7. enter 0.300000 in Amount to Pay text field
8. enter 30 in Number of Days field
9. click Save and New button
10. repeat steps 6 thru 9, but enter 60 for the num of days
11. repeat steps 6 thru 9, but enter 90 for the num of days, and select Balance in Computation dropdown

Once you've created the payment term you should select it whenever you want to apply it to any invoice.

Hope this helps,
Danijel

Great Danijel! Done! Thank you very much. Just one question. Adopting this schedule means that the customer will be receiving within the next 3 months, 3 different invoices? Namely, in 30 days the customer will receive the 1st one, in 60 the second and in 90days the last invoice in order to make his/her final payment and balance his/her transaction?

axio
on 7/4/13, 8:35 AM

I would like to create an invoice for such a case where all 3 payments are written with due date and amount. How to do so with OO designer, what variable do I have to use there (something like order.payment_term.name)?

M. Höppner
on 4/21/14, 11:56 AM
axio
On 7/3/13, 8:53 PM

no answer?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/13, 2:04 PM
Seen: 1703 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM