This question has been flagged
10 Replies

Could someone please clarify for me, I am having difficulting understanding the scope of functionality. Our client is to use Odoo to process credit card payments from an external ecommerce website. The customers will not have access to the ERP. Could employees pay using paypal or another aquirer through the normal payment workflow? When paying a sales order through an invoice the only way to pay that we can see is by using the standard payment method, which is a journal of type bank or cash.

We didnt see any functionality to pay from an invoice. It appears that payment acquirer is only used for a customer directly interfacing with odoo?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Go to Settings > Configuration > Accounting > Bank And Cash > And check this checkbox "Show payment buttons to employees too"
Your employees will then be able to process a payment directly from the invoice with the payment acquirers available in a blue ribbon. Just click the payment acquirer you want to use and you will be redirected to the processor's secure website.

Discard
Author

I just noticed this. Thank you for the quick response.

Author

Again, Thanks for the response. I briefly reviewed the functionality in the paypal and ogone module. It appears the payment_acquirer module is designed to post form data to an external payment gateway to complete the payment. I am developing an Authorize.net module. I already have the api calls completed, and am looking at the best way to implement them in odoo 8. I do not understand how this could work. What I need is the ability to submit a call and interpret the response. I would also need to do things like capture, authorize + capture, etc. I could be wrong but this doesn't seem possible with the current acquirer functionality. Additionally, I was not able to locate any official documentation. If you could enlighten me on how I could accomplish these goals I would proceed with developing a payment acquirer, else I would probably just implement the api using the old fashioned journals and the new wizard for registering payment.

Author

To clarify, the current functionality will redirect the browser to complete the payment, which is different that what I need it to do. I would submit a post to the external gateway, and register payment if it was successful. Additionally, the call needs to be configurable, like the user selects authorize and then presses the payment button.

Odoo out of the box allows to do what you mention. Not only does it work with Authorize.net (https://github.com/odoo-dev/odoo/tree/8.0-payment-authorize-aja), but you can capture the transaction's success or failure call back in Odoo to create the payment and reconcile it with its invoice. And you can still do so even by using the gateway's page to process the payment. We have done that for several of our clients.

Best Answer

@Fabrice Henrion and OpenERP Master -

I would love to use this feature, but it does not seem that Odoo does this out of the box as you say - I am on Debian using the nightly version, and I do not see it as an option. How do I get this functionality?

PS: I realize this should be a comment and not an answer, but I don't seem to have enough karma to comment (seems odd)

Discard

@Victor I have just tested this on my local VM and this works. What exactly do you not see or get? Have you checked all the checkmarks under the settings > invoicing menu for this? Have you then tried this on a validated invoice?

@Yenthe Thank you for your response. I realized my last comment was somewhat vague, I am specifically referring to Authorize.net integration. As of today, I don't see this in the Config > Invoicing section on the latest nightly package in Debian

Hmm I haven't seen it around or used it yet either. Why don't you create a new question for this? You'll draw more people in there since the question is specific about your problem and your question is somewhat different from this one.

Best Answer

Does this answer work for Odoo 8 as well ? I cannot find the button indicated, it's not there 

Go to Settings > Configuration > Accounting > Bank And Cash > And check this checkbox "Show payment buttons to employees too"

Discard

the Saas ODOO V8 currently has this button; just checked from my own system