Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I am working on transitioning to OpenERP and am having trouble figuring out the best way to pay my supplier invoices. Currently our accountant uses OSAS, and the workflow is something like this:
1) Look at Accounts Payable to see all available invoices.
2) Select those that you want to pay, select pay by check.
3) The system notes all of these as paid and generates checks to print.
This is overly simplified as I am not too familiar with the system, but would like to get OpenERP working similarly. After googling around I installed the trunk version of account_check_writing but still can't seem to get the workflow I want. As far as I can tell the way to pay via check in OpenEP is:
1) Confirm PO - receive invoice.
2) Make sure everything matches with invoice from supplier, validate invoice.
[This is where I'm not sure if I am proceeding correctly]
3) Click the 'Pay' button, select the CBC Operating Account.
4) Select those payments under Suppliers -> Checks and select 'Print Check(s) in Batch'.
5) OpenERP generates the checks based on my settings.
So my question is: Is there any way to have the Print Check(s) in Batch option combine checks for the same Supplier? Currently if I batch print multiple supplier payments to the same Supplier it will print me multiple checks. If I choose 'Create' from write checks I can make payments on multiple invoices - can batch check printing do this? Our accountant has to cut a lot of checks, and this is a highly desired feature.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/18/15, 8:00 PM|
|Seen: 834 times|
|Last updated: 5/18/15, 8:00 PM|