This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How can I pay an invoice using some payment gateway?

In my case payment gateway is Payeezy. I know I can install a module to have a payment acquirer for Payeezy, but this would just add the option for the customer to pay herself using the gateway.

I have saved customer credit card, and I want to pay the invoice using her card via Payeezy API. 

If I click "Register Payment" button in invoice I only get method "Cash" and "Bank". Can I add a new payment method?

Discard
Best Answer

To add a new payment method you should add a new journal (accounting > configuration > journals). Use as an example the journal 'bank' - or just duplicate and change it to avoid mistakes.

To use an existing payment acquirer for manual payments registering, go to the same menu journals, find a required on, chck the box 'For Incoming payments' > manual (the tab Advanced settings > Payment method types on a journal form).

UPDATE FOR ODOO 8

In Odoo 8 you need to create a new journal for payment acquirers. As a type you should select 'Banks or Checks', and link this journal to proper default debit and credit accounts. You may use the same as in the "Bank journal" if received money is put there, or create new accounts. As an example use the 'bank journal' (you might just duplicate it, rename, and optionally change accounts).

Discard
Author

Thank you very much!!! Yes, that is it.

Author

Hi. Sorry for going back with the same issue.

So, I added my new payment method. Now, how do I relate this payment method with a payment gateway?

The idea is calling a payment gateway API when a user clicks "Register Payment". Is this possible?

I am thinking in overriding the method for this button.

Author Best Answer

Hi. Thanks a lot.

I am using Odoo 8. I don't see "For Incoming Payments" checkbox. Is this available for version 8 too?

Discard

look at the updated answer. I liked your post in order you can comment, not posting answers