Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Passing options to OpenERP service

By
X0Rchid
on 10/14/13, 11:46 PM 1,041 views

I'm setting up an OpenERP development environment on Ubuntu 12.10

I have OpenERP v7 installed via debian package, which starts via service command

As I develop modules, I continuously need to restart the server, update the modules and database. I need to pass the -u <mymodule> -d <mydatabase> options as the server starts

Is there a way to add it to a configuration file or so to make it the default behavior as I restart the server each time?

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 10/21/13, 4:24 PM

My recommendation is to create an entirely separate instance of OpenERP that you can use as a development environment, ideally on a different machine. Download the source code from nightly.openerp.com: openerp-7.0-latest.tar.gz. This is makes writing code way easier, since the permissions will all be set to your login account. Then you can start and stop easily on your own.

The alternative would be to stop the service, then find the location of the openerp-server file and run it manually:

openerp-server -c my_config.conf -d my_tb -u my_module

Either way I'd recommend downloading the source code directly, it's less hassle in the long run to work with IMO. Here's a nice guide on that: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/14/13, 11:46 PM
Seen: 1041 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM