This question has been flagged

Hello everyone! Need help on the web builder in Odoo 8. I have been trying to create a web form in recruitment to allow applicants to provide information that interviewers need. I saw that you can use and customize the "contact_us" form. But this feeds the data to the Leads, I need data to end up in recruitment-->applications. Checking html code for "contact_us" and "jobs_form", they seem similar:

"Jobs"

<form class="form-horizontal mt32" action="/jobs/thankyou" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
                            <input type="hidden" t-att-value="job and job.department_id.id or False" name="department_id"/>
                            <input type="hidden" t-att-value="job and job.id or False" name="job_id"/>
                            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error.get('partner_name') and 'has-error' or ''}">
                                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="partner_name">Your Name</label>
                                <div class="col-md-7 col-sm-8">
                                    <input type="text" t-att-value="default.get('partner_name')" class="form-control" name="partner_name" required="True"/>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error.get('email_from') and 'has-error' or ''}">
                                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="email_from">Your Email</label>
                                    <input type="email" t-att-value="default.get('email_from')" class="form-control" name="email_from" required="True"/>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error.get('phone') and 'has-error' or ''}">
                                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="phone">Your Phone</label>
                                    <input type="text" t-att-value="default.get('phone')" class="form-control" name="phone" required="True"/>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <div t-attf-class="form-group">
                                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="partner_mobile">Mobile</label>
                                    <input type="text" t-att-value="default.get('partner_mobile')" class="form-control" name="partner_mobile"/>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <div t-attf-class="form-group">
                                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="gender">Gender</label>
                                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="gender"/>
                                </div>
                             </div>

"contact_us"

<form action="/crm/contactus" method="post" class="form-horizontal mt32" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<div t-attf-class="form-group #{error and 'contact_name' in error and 'has-error' or ''}">
                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="contact_name">Your Name</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="contact_name" required="True" t-attf-value="#{contact_name or ''}"/>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error and 'phone' in error and 'has-error' or ''}">
                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="phone">Phone Number</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone" t-attf-value="#{phone or ''}"/>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div name="email_from_container" t-attf-class="form-group #{error and 'email_from' in error and 'has-error' or ''}">
                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="email_from">Email</label>
                    <input type="email" class="form-control" name="email_from" required="True" t-attf-value="#{email_from or ''}"/>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error and 'name' in error and 'has-error' or ''}">
                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="name">Subject</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="name" t-attf-value="#{name or ''}"/>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div t-attf-class="form-group #{error and 'description' in error and 'has-error' or ''}">
                <label class="col-md-3 col-sm-4 control-label" for="description">Your Question</label>
                    <textarea class="form-control" name="description" style="min-height: 120px" required="True"><t t-esc="description or ''"/></textarea>
                </div>
            </div>

I tried copy and paste the same code per field and added the field on the odoo form but still the data filled up on the web does not update to the odoo form. I essentially need to input more data from the web than what is current. Appreciate your help on this. Am still learning about odoo and have tons of questions. Tks Just to give you an idea, the default web forms above only provide about 4 fields for users to fill up, I need to add and "pass" about 14 or more fields form the webform to the odoo form.

Discard
Best Answer

Hey Franz Bautista i dont know whether you solved this? hope this gets u in time... so you just open recruitment in backend, go ahead and create a new job position and specify further details. whaen youre done save and then you'll see a button linking to website frontend. Click on it and you'll be redirected to the website's recruitment page with a default form which dyou can customize according to your needs. On submit this form will submit data to recruitments>applications. 

Hope this helps  :)

Discard
Best Answer

Discard
Author Best Answer

Mohamed,

I was able to do this by studying about controllers. I was able to pass data from a webform to  the recruitment module under hr.applicant.

You have to apply the controlllers in your module. Check out the web_hr_recruitment module you installed and copy that to your module.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Franz, did you manage to solve the problem ? I have the same issue with passing data from the job application form to the hr.applicant model, my customised fields dont show up in the new hr.applicant record, odoo's do.

Please help

Discard