Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Pass the value (field) to another field

By
Ken Kasai
on 1/8/15, 7:15 AM 599 views

In hr_recruitment.py (Application), I created a custom field called "x_sss". and when I input in "x_sss" field then save then click "Create Employee" (It will automatically create employee from applicant) then I also created a custom field called "x_sss" in HR Employee form.  I'm trying to pass the x_sss field value from Application to x_sss field of Employee Form. Can anyone help me if there's something wrong with the code that I added in the function below? thank you

def create_employee_from_applicant(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):
        """ Create an hr.employee from the hr.applicants """
        if context is None:
            context = {}
        hr_employee = self.pool.get('hr.employee')
        model_data = self.pool.get('ir.model.data')
        act_window = self.pool.get('ir.actions.act_window')
        emp_id = False
        for applicant in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context):
            address_id = contact_name = False
            if applicant.partner_id:
                address_id = self.pool.get('res.partner').address_get(cr, uid, [applicant.partner_id.id], ['contact'])['contact']
                contact_name = self.pool.get('res.partner').name_get(cr, uid, [applicant.partner_id.id])[0][1]
            if applicant.job_id and (applicant.partner_name or contact_name):
                applicant.job_id.write({'no_of_hired_employee': applicant.job_id.no_of_hired_employee + 1}, context=context)
                create_ctx = dict(context, mail_broadcast=True)
                emp_id = hr_employee.create(cr, uid, {'name': applicant.partner_name or contact_name,
                                                     'job_id': applicant.job_id.id,
                                                     'address_home_id': address_id,
                                                     'x_sss': x_sss,
                                                     'department_id': applicant.department_id.id or False,
                                                     'address_id': applicant.company_id and applicant.company_id.partner_id and applicant.company_id.partner_id.id or False,
                                                     'work_email': applicant.department_id and applicant.department_id.company_id and applicant.department_id.company_id.email or False,
                                                     'work_phone': applicant.department_id and applicant.department_id.company_id and applicant.department_id.company_id.phone or False,
                                                     }, context=create_ctx)
                self.write(cr, uid, [applicant.id], {'emp_id': emp_id}, context=context)
                self.pool['hr.job'].message_post(
                    cr, uid, [applicant.job_id.id],
                    body=_('New Employee %s Hired') % applicant.partner_name if applicant.partner_name else applicant.name,
                    subtype="hr_recruitment.mt_job_applicant_hired", context=context)
            else:
                raise osv.except_osv(_('Warning!'), _('You must define an Applied Job and a Contact Name for this applicant.'))

action_model, action_id = model_data.get_object_reference(cr, uid, 'hr', 'open_view_employee_list')
        dict_act_window = act_window.read(cr, uid, [action_id], [])[0]
        if emp_id:
            dict_act_window['res_id'] = emp_id
        dict_act_window['view_mode'] = 'form,tree'
        return dict_act_window

can you put the error message ?

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 1/8/15, 7:59 AM
Nishant Jogi
On 1/8/15, 8:36 AM

Hello Ken Kasai,

Replace  'x_sss': x_sss with 'x_sss': applicant.x_sss

Here you need to fetch the value from browse record and apply to hr.employee while creating.

Thanks.

Ken Kasai
On 1/8/15, 9:40 AM

Thank you Mr. Nishant. Do I need to restart the server when I modify anything in the python code?

Yes, of course.

Nishant Jogi
on 1/8/15, 10:56 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/8/15, 7:15 AM
Seen: 599 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM