Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Partners are being automatically added to discussion group when they send email to aliased address

By
Chris Biggs
on 11/17/14, 5:03 PM 812 views

I have a discussion group set up as an alias so that new messages coming in to the designated email address are received in the discussion group.  

I have several users set up as members of the discussion group.

The oddity I see is that when an email is received by the discussion group from outside, the person sending the email (already a partner) is automatically added as a follower of the discussion group.

I don't want the customer to be added to the discussion group.  I only want the users/employees to be members of the discussion group.

I might be using the Discussion group incorrectly.  

Is there a way to prevent the customer from being automatically added as a follower of the discussion group?

Prosper Guena Nitcheu
On 12/29/14, 12:51 PM

Could you share with us witch tool di you choose to achieve your job then ?

Regards

Chris Biggs
On 11/26/14, 1:05 PM

I think I have answered my own question on this:  The discussion group was not the correct tool to use for this job.  Essentially I was attempting to use a Discussion Group as a collective incoming mail box.  The Discission Group is like a mailing list, one posts to it so that all followers of the Discussion Group can be informed of that piece of information, and by posting to it one sort of automatically subscribes to the mailing list/discussion group as well (which is only fair!).  So the answer to my specific question is that there isn't a way that I have found to prevent someone from being added to the discussion group, but it was not the correct tool for the job anyway.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/17/14, 5:03 PM
Seen: 812 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM