Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Partner is duplicated to allow for multiple addresses, can I make partner details shared amongst all versions?

By
Kit Sunde
on 10/17/14, 6:28 AM 592 views

I'm doing B2C. It seems like the only way to have multiple addresses for partners is to create multiple partners. Is there some way for me to keep information in sync? Say for instance I have an allergy field on a partner, then that would need to be kept in all relevant places since they won't suddenly become cured of nut allergy when they are home vs. the office.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 10/20/14, 8:04 AM

Kit, maybe you can try to play around with the Commercial Entity.  res.partner will perform sync of information that is deemed as commercial in nature among partners that has the same parent_id.  The commercial fields are defined through the return of _commercial_fields method.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/17/14, 6:28 AM
Seen: 592 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM