This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, It is possible to invoice by sale order line, easily. But what if I want to invoice partial sale order lines?

example: I sell 10 products A and 5 products B in a single sale order. Then I generate an invoice for the first line (product A) but for 2 products instead of 10.

The result in v7 is: 1) an invoice for 2 products A is generated (OK) 2) no more sale order lines for product A will be presented in the lines to invoice (NOT OK. I should have a line to invoice for 8 product A)

How to manage this kind of line invoicing? it's actually a pretty frequent issue for both service and material products.

Thanks!

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Patrick.

From the warehouse it can be managed, but it should also be possible to partially invoice each single sale order line (modifying the draft invoice presented in "sales/invoicing/order lines to invoice") and keep the difference as a new draft invoice to close the gap to the quantity in the SO.

Limitation? I hope it will be considered for new releases unless there are custom modules already providing this functionality..

Discard
Best Answer

If you are able to to split a line of an order, than the other part of the line will be part of another outgoing order (model stock.picking, with one or more stock.move entries).

If you have specified that the billing is based on the order, than you might not be able to split the invoice. If you specify in the settings to make an invoice based on the delivery order, than you will get an invoice with your split line on it.

So if you want to invoice only what you deliver, change your settings (Settings -> Accounting or Settings -> Warehouse, not sure, just look around).

Discard