Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Part of Odoo not translated

By
Maxime Deuse
on 9/3/14, 3:11 AM 1,081 views

Hi,

I recently installed Odoo on a local machine. I want it to be in French thus I loaded a translation. The problem I have is while most of the ERP is in French some part of Odoo are still displayed in English. (These are some small sentences like: "send a note", "Meetings calendar", "create an event", ...

How can I get rid of these English parts and replace everything in French?

Thanks

Paty L L
On 9/9/14, 12:30 PM

You have some options:

1. Make your own translations, going to Settings/Translations/Application Terms/Translated Terms, change translated value for your own words.
  2. Generate fr_FR.po file going to Settings/Translations/Import Export/Export Translation and export po files for modules you want to change; then make translation on that files and Import back (or put them on the module i10n source files and update the module).
  3. Get involved in a translation proyect on Odoo community. https://github.com/odoo/odoo/wiki/GitHub-Transition, https://launchpad.net/openobject.

hope this help you. Greetings.

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 9/30/14, 4:19 PM

One of the problems is that the French version is only 50% completed for verion 8 of Odoo.

You can view the progress and help translate with this link.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/3/14, 3:11 AM
Seen: 1081 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM