This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have seen this question posted in the past prior to Odoo - with no resolution so I wanted to start a fresh thread on it. 

I have a specific need to use identical Part Numbers with incremental Revisions of that part as modifications are made from concept thru the product lifecycle.  I can see the field I need to have updated (See screenshot below) - I just do not see the table/field or any way to enable the edit of this field. 

Because I see no knowledgebase , FAQ, or discussion on this, I just wanted to throw it out and see if anyone had a proceedure to modify the Revision number, a way to change the form, or knew where the data field/table is located. 

This would be a good thing to know.  Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

it seems that the part number revision is not part of the core application but rather part of the PLM module addition.  While I can access the table and modify the record via pgAdmin III, the web interface is read only.  I have not yet attempted to modify the form, but it appears that is the solution:  Modify the display form allowing the Revision to be modified.

If anyone else has input on this, or knows of another solution, Please do tell!

Discard

@Mark, I'm also interested in doing this. With a database of approximately 60,000 unique parts with parts being modified from time to time this is something I am also looking to implement. Unfortunately I haven't figured out a clean way to do it yet. Please post back if you figure out a solution. I'll do likewise if I manage to implement something that works.

Author

This was almost too easy, and after working with other ERP systems I think I was trying too hard to find a more difficult solution. There are two ways to handle this. Either solution seems to require a self-hosted (Non-cloud) installation. For either method - Activate the developer mode Method 1. If you are using the community PLM Module, under Manufacturing->Products , Tab 6 of the 7 tabs is Labeled "Engineering Infos". This tab shows a PART NUMBER AREA containing a part number and a Revision. The Revision is READ ONLY. If you have not done so as of yet - Activate the developer mode. Then select the Developer Pulldown and select ManageViews. Edit the View Name plm.base.component (form)Search the list for the string 'engineering_revision' and select the edit properties for that icon. Untag "READONLY" and Update the form - Close the editor windows and you should have the ability to update that field. Method 2. If you are not using the PLM Module but want to support Revisions to your parts list, go to your Product Information tab and once again select the "Manage Views" option on the Developer pulldown. On the View name product.normal.form, select edit. Locate the "Product Name" label and select the (+) to the right. This will allow you to add a field or select an existing field. We will add a New Field called x_rev_id and define the data type. The more I dig into this odoo - the more I like it!!!

@Mark, hello, which is the community plm module?