This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm importing Customers via XML-RPC from an external database, which has realationship with the companies inside openerp. I'm wishing to put those companies parent_id, so i set the parent_id to: [ 'id_of_the_parent_company', 'name_of_the_parent_company'] and the XML-RCP accepts this. Yet i dont see any result inside OpenERP.

What am I doing wrong, or miss to do?

Discard
Best Answer

try to use the following syntax to set the company for a customer:

{'parent_id': <id-of-customer/company>}

The ID must be a database ID of an entry of the model res.partner. If there exists an entry of res.partner with DB-ID 5 you can write:

{'parent_id': 5}

(I assume that you are using the write-method of XMLRPC)

There is also another field in the customer object: company_id, if you want to set the related company for the customer. Be aware of the difference between a customer/company and the OpenERP company (your company).

Here is an example of how to use XMLRPC with python: https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/711/

Discard
Author

thanks for the answer, but ether {'parent_id': <id-of-customer/company>} this doesn't work or I'm doing it wrongly. Also it throwsa strange error when i try to use the company_id : xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault warning -- Integrity Error . and all i did was give the company_id the id of the company.

I have updated my answer. If this does not work you should check your XMLRPC call.

Author

{'parent_id': 5} is the correct one thank you. And a college of mine noticed an error in my code, which resulted that the parent id was never updated. ( used the wrong variable.) THank you nonteless