Odoo Help

package and barcodes

on 11/10/16, 10:27 AM 686 views

Hello, I am using Odoo enterprise v.10 and I would like to use the bar code interface to move one pallet from location A to location B.

The pallet is basically a package that includes all the goods that I need to move.

First I scan the bar code of the origin location. A new movement is generated. But if I try to scan the bar code of the pack nothing happens. I can scan a single product but not a full package.

Is it normal or something is not working?

I am also trying to do the same thing. We are using Odoo Enterprise also. I have tried v9 v10 and v11, and I get the same thing. When I scan the package barcode nothing happens. I want to move the entire package/pallet from one internal location to the next, but the only barcodes that seem to work are the product barcode and not the package/pallet.

I am thinking it is because the Package does not have a "barcode" field like the Products and the Locations do, and maybe the barcode module of Odoo is looking for data from only the barcode field and not a barcode of the package name?

Hopefully, someone from Odoo can reply to this question. What we are trying to do seems like a very basic warehousing operation that should be supported OOTB.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/10/16, 10:27 AM
Seen: 686 times
Last updated: 12/7/17, 9:27 AM