Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Override res_config field

By
todd
on 2/22/13, 6:25 AM 1,122 views

Hello,

Is it possible to override an existing res_config field?

I've inherited the original res_config model. Then I added the field I'd like to override (a boolean) to the _columns dictionary and added the _defaults dictionary setting the boolean to True. This had no effect. I then added the res_config_view.xml to my module and added my own test_bool boolean field, and set that in the defaults to true. When updating the test_bool field was set but the other still was not.

Mind And Go
On 1/20/14, 6:40 PM

Hy,

Some fields are set "non updatable" in openerp. If you go in the Conciguration > .... > Model, check the content of your object and check that your field is updatable. If not, try on a backup databse to set the value to updatable and then reset the correct value

regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/22/13, 6:25 AM
Seen: 1122 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM