Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

override old api onchange odoov9c

By
zilvinas
on 9/19/16, 10:00 AM 192 views

I want in res.partner model make onchange event on field parent_id. this field already have onchange event by old api, so i changed it`s value on XML to on_change=1 and added .py code

@api.onchange('parent_id')
def onchange_parent_id(self, parent_id=None):
     old_res = super(res_partner, self).onchange_parent_id(self.parent_id.id)old_res = super(res_partner, self).onchange_parent_id(self.parent_id.id)
     if type(old_res) is dict and old_res.has_key('value'):
         for field, value in old_res.get('value').items():
             if hasattr(self, field):
                 setattr(self, field, value)setattr(self, field, value)
     if self.parent_id:
         self.category_id = self.parent_id.category_id
     return old_res
after update, then i open contact form and changing parent_id, everything works as i want, but when i press save error occurrs

File "/opt/odoo-vaimada/openerp/addons/base/res/res_partner.py", line 477, in _fields_sync    
context=context).get('value', {})
TypeError: onchange_parent_id() takes at most 2 arguments (6 given)

as i understand it occurrs becouse on create other method (_fields_sync) also calls this onchange_parent_id methot by 'old style'. Maybe someone can advice me how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

zilvinas
On 9/20/16, 7:29 AM

work arround for me was change beginning of function:

@api.model    
@api.onchange('parent_id')
def onchange_parent_id_new(self, parent_id=None):

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/19/16, 10:00 AM
Seen: 192 times
Last updated: 11/28/16, 7:07 AM