Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

override method in jasper_reports module

lime h
on 11/29/13, 11:44 AM 556 views

I am trying to override a method from JasperReports/JasperServer.py within my own module, I have the following class defined

class JasperServer():
    # tried all still doesnt work
    #_inherit = 'JasperServer'   
    #_inherit = 'jasper_reports.JasperServer'
    _inherit = 'jasper_report.JasperServer'

def start(self):
    # code goes here

import statement for this class has been added to __init__.py
dependency for jasper_reports has been added to __openerp__.py of my custom-module

what am I doing wrong? I notice the original jasper code does not define any _name variables, does that mean it cannot be overriden?

I would prefer not to change the code directly into the original JasperServer.py if possible.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/29/13, 11:44 AM
Seen: 556 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM