Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Override mail template in Odoo 9

By
Mario Gielissen | Openworx
on 5/31/16, 6:05 AM 1,241 views

Is it possible to make changes to addons/mail/data/mail_data.xml, without changing the file itself, but with a custom module?

I want to change the header with send with Odoo removed

I tried it with this, but no luck:

<record id="mail_template_data_notification_email_default" model="mail.template">

<field name="body_html">=

on 5/31/16, 6:47 AM
Edser Solis
On 5/31/16, 8:43 AM

If what you're looking for is to remove the sent using odoo message search for the Notification Emails template and remove that whole small code paragraph that you can see there at the right. 

I know that, but I want to use a module for that: For odoo 9+ footer can be customized via Template Activate developer mode (Top right-hand corner -> About) Navigate to Settings\Technical\Email\Templates Select (set checkbox) "Notification Email" record click Action ->Export add field "Body" to export fields click "Export to Field" open csv via your editor Change footer as you need Navigate to Settings\Technical\Email\Templates click "Import" Validate and Import your file

on 5/31/16, 10:13 AM

Prakash Sharma

--Prakash Sharma--
| 2 1 4
Delhi, India
--Prakash Sharma--

I like to surround myself with brave, creative people.

My motivation for learning different technologies and algos drive me. I love challenges of a steep learning curve which I believe makes me a better learner. I have a strong desire to learn different technologies, which would enable me to become a full stack developer.

Prakash Sharma
On 5/31/16, 6:35 AM

create the demo data with the same id  in your custom module

And  in parallel use delete  tag to delete the already created demo data like

<delete model='mail.mail' search="[('id','=',ref('mail.ir_cron_mail_scheduler_action'))]" />

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/16, 6:05 AM
Seen: 1241 times
Last updated: 5/31/16, 8:43 AM