Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

override css and change styles of some fields

By
daouda
on 2/14/14, 6:00 PM 2,927 views

Hello guys, I'am new in OpenERP and I created a form. Then i want change the style of some fields: color, background-color, font. I seriously need your help. Thanks in advance

Hi, There are two ways to change the style of fields in from The first way is change in the main css file that is base.css.Go to web module of Openerp OpenERP 7.0-20150326\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\css\base.css The second way is creating your own css file and add into your customized module like OpenERP 7.0-20150326\server\openerp\addons\your _module\static\src\css\test.css

ankita
on 4/27/15, 3:34 AM

Hi ankita, Overriding the main file is not a proper way to do, it's not recommended. Only your second tips is correct, using a custom css. @daouda dont forget to add it in your manifest for the V7 or includ it in your template (V8). regards

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 6/30/15, 6:35 AM

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 4/27/15, 6:24 AM

I normally use a new css file in my custom module to do the changes needed for CSS

ORIGINAL style @ base.css
.openerp .oe_form_sheet_width {
  min-width: 650px;
  max-width: 860px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

In base.css, I had to change the max-width style from 860px to 1200px. So, I did the following
OVERWRITE style @ my_custom.css .openerp .oe_form_sheet_width { max-width: 1200px !important; }

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/14/14, 6:00 PM
Seen: 2927 times
Last updated: 6/30/15, 6:35 AM