Odoo Help

Overcoming Google Calendar Windows Server OAuth URI redirect fixed

By
cnewman
on 1/31/16, 1:12 PM 1,084 views

Version: Odoo 9.0

Flavor: Windows Server 2012 R2

I fixed the OAuth issue by enabling debug mode and editing:

debug>parameters>system parameters>web.base.url - to my subdomain 'odoo.mydomainimusing.com' -

Great no more URI redirect issues complaining about actual IP from a URI redirect!, Awesome...

New Issue:

Constraint Error: Google ID should be unique! when Syncing with Google Calendar

Dorking brought me to this thread:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/constraint-error-google-id-should-be-unique-when-syncing-with-google-calendar-88958

This thread suggests editing python, from this GitHub branch:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commit/a9e3d74713b6882c64617345696ad326d75a4745#commitcomment-12473790

(background above inserted not for ramblings, but to help others get to this point. I found a lot of information on the question above with no solution so there you have it, an answer above.)

Concerns/Questions:

-The above Github branch is for 8.0 and does not match 9.0, will it work?

-I see inside c:\program files (x86)\Odoo 9.0\server\openerp\addons\google_calendar two files:

-google_calendar.py (thanks for that odoo)

-google_calendar.pyc

+Can I compile the .py on windows server (I'm noob to coding, ill probably break it) = vm-snapshots.

+Is this issue been addressed elsewhere with an easier fix other than trying to apply to fix in GitHub above?

TIA

cnewman
On 1/31/16, 1:28 PM

I think ill grab 9.0 from the nightly and see how it treats me. :/

Update: Nope - Same error. I guess the above was inevitable. I will setup an environment and compile the .py. If it works ill post it somewhere for 9.0.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/31/16, 1:12 PM
Seen: 1084 times
Last updated: 1/31/16, 2:28 PM