Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Outgoing mail setup failing

Peter Zijlstra
on 8/29/13, 11:37 AM 899 views

Hello to you all,

I am a newbie so please understand that I might not ask the right question or it is s simple solution.

I tried to setup my outgoing mail (smtp) but whatever I ty and no matter what mail account I use I only get errors. Strange to see that the incoming e-mail (pop) was going well at the first try. I am using the same account for the outgoing but it fails on me time after time. Getting errors like 11006 etc. Now I get mainly the timeout errors or (trying gmail) the error the connection suddenly closed.

I am filling in this:

Description: my company name smtp server: mail.webreus.nl (or smtp.quicknet.nl or smtp.gmail.com)

Security is normally not on besides for gmail (authentication)

Username ( my user name belonging to the smtp server account/mail) Password: (my password belonging to the smtp server account/mail)

Am I doing something wrong?

I also tried to switch of the firewall (comodo) Antvirus is Microsoft essentials

Peter Zijlstra
On 8/29/13, 1:11 PM

I solved it!!! I tried several settings but after the last attempt for gmail (port 587!) It worked.. So I went back to my own company mail address and tried again.. Nothing :-(... BUT.. when I tried to enter another port (sometimes port 25 is blocked by internet providers) and in this case I tried 25025 it worked!!!

I am happy now.. so on the next challenge.. changing the invoice layout...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/29/13, 11:37 AM
Seen: 899 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM