This question has been flagged
12 Replies

i have tried to configure mail sending in my odoo instance. i have configured outgoing mail server, test passes suscesfully with no errors. when i send some email, sender of the is user alias of my odoo instance, not a outgoing mail server adress. if i delete what outgoing mail server and send email from my instace sender of the mail also user alias. 

i dont understand where are used outgoing mail server? or i am misconfigured something?

maybe someone could me explain what i am doing wrong.

My configuration:

alias domain - mydomain.com

user1 email - info@mydomain.com

user2 email - user@gmail.com

outgoing email server - noreply@mydomain.com

incoming email - catchall@mydomain.com

at the first sight everything is working correctly, i am getting emails from odoo, can send to odoo and so on, but i think the problem is what when i send email from user1 to user2  email information is:

from - info@mydomain.com

replyto - info@mydomain.com

if i send mail from user2 to user1 it show what sender also user@gmail.com

if i delete completely outgoing mail server, mail are sending like always. How it could be? why my odoo instance dont uses my outgoing mail server for sending emails?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello  zilvinas,
I think Your Configuration is correct.

and odoo is sending mail From your Configured Outgoing mail

but the details from and replyto is based on composed email  so in received mail try to find out other details(more info) than you will find configured email address  which is "noreply@mydomain.com" 

Thanks

Discard
Author

but when i completely remove all my outgoing mail servers nothing changing.. mails are sending like always and i have same info in more info tab in gmail receipent account

i think it is not possible to send mail without outgoing mail Server Details please check your messages and verify you are sending new messages to test rather than past messages

Author

i am also dont understand how, but i deleted all records in outgoing mail server, incoming mail server rebooted whole server and tried to send email to my gmail mailbox. email received like always from info@mydomain.com send from mydomain.com dont understand how it works...

Please Go to Settings --> Technical --> Email and delete all messages and emails and try aging sendng new messages after that you will see your mail in Messages Menu and you will find details

Author

deleted all mails, messages reboted server. my instance sends email without outgoing mail server configured.. i dont understand how..

if you are still confused than create new mail manually than you will understand value of field "From,To and Reply-To" but it will send mail from outgoing mail server defined with given values in that mail hope you find this helpful. Thanks

Author

i go technical/email/email create new when fill values from, to. when goes to advanced tab type = email outgoing mail server = empty ( its read only so i can change anything) press send and mail are delivered..

is that possible to share your email id so i will communicate over there..!!

Author

my email zilvinui.paulauskui(eta)gmail.com

If you go offline to clarify the issues, then please post the results here. And do also not mark a question as answered, if in fact it is not answered.

Best Answer

When there is no outgoing server configured, Odoo uses the smtp_server parameter in openerp-server.conf. If it is set to localhost, it'll use whatever configuration you already have on your local system.

Take a look at this log file for more info:

/var/log/mail.log

Discard